.expand { display: inline; } .collapse { display: none; }
CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Sunday, June 20, 2010

Wedding Guest Reflections

Yesterday, Jay and I were lucky enough to see one of my closest friends marry the love of her life. The ceremony was beautiful, the reception fun, and I inevitably started comparing my own plans to hers. Oops...way to stay in the moment....

What I found was, while I would've made different aesthetic choices on just about everything, that wasn't important. It was, after all, her wedding, and she and her husband looked so happy. When Jay and I get married, I want our guests to be able to see and share in our joy, just as I could yesterday.

And I want my guests to feel relaxed enough to laugh:

Looking back, I felt much the same way at Rus and Heidi's wedding. If I could borrow anything from their day, it would be the connection we felt, as guests, to God's love. Their wedding left me feeling excited for them and reinvigorated in my faith.


0 comments: