.expand { display: inline; } .collapse { display: none; }
CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Monday, June 21, 2010

Dress Shopping Round 1: David's Bridal

As my mother is leaving for vacation in a week, she and I are trying to fit in several bridal appointments before she leaves. Tonight, we started with David's Bridal and brought Emily along for the fun.

Honestly, I didn't expect much from DB. Their dresses tend to be a little cookie-cutter for my taste, and I've heard negative feedback about the company as a whole. Still, it seemed like as good a place as any to start. And I was pleasantly surprised!

The only other time I've been to a bridal salon (Prom 2006), I dressed myself with my mom's assistance. I felt incredibly awkward repeatedly dressing and undressing in front of Chrissy, my salesperson. I haven't been dressed by someone else since I was a child, so that part of the experience was very surreal.

Dress #1 was beautiful, but wasn't really great for my body:


Dress #2 was gorgeous. I loved it--didn't want to take it off!


Dress #3 was also a contender:


Dress # ...I forget...was incredibly heavy. So much beading!



Finally, Chrissy asked me to rank my top three choices. I was really excited to put on my first choice, Dress #2!


While the seamstress showed my mom how we could bustle the train, I asked Emily to snap this:


Seeing my engagement ring against the lace made me feel like a real, live bride. And yes, I'm wearing black fingernail polish.

Stayed tuned because we have two more appointments before Mom leaves for Canada. Plus, we're going to get out her dress when my grandparents are in town this weekend!

0 comments: