.expand { display: inline; } .collapse { display: none; }
CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Saturday, June 26, 2010

Saying Yes to My Dress

With the Treasured Moments Stand Out fresh in our minds, Mom, Emily, and I drove out to David's Bridal to see our other number one choice, Dress #2.

I was impressed by how well we were treated there, even though we were a walk-in on an extremely busy Saturday.


While we waited for Chrissy to finish with her appointment, they cleared a room for us and let Emily try on bridesmaid dresses.


We really liked this one, but the price was a little steep. Mom and I want to make sure that my bridesmaids can afford to be my bridesmaids.

Once I put on the dress, they let me walk around the store. It was really amazing to see the train behind me.

Then I had "the moment" that I was waiting for. This whole time, I've been waiting for that "OMG I'M A BRIDE!" moment when I put on a dress. I never really had it.


But, wearing this dress, I imagined walking down the aisle with my parents. I imagined standing next to Jay at the altar and dancing with him at the reception. In that dress, I felt happy and beautiful, and very much like myself.


So we said yes to Dress #2 from David's Bridal.

0 comments: