.expand { display: inline; } .collapse { display: none; }
CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Friday, July 30, 2010

The PRAXIS and Great Date Four

I've taken a bit of a break from blogging (or doing anyhting productive, for that matter) because I'm just so thrilled that the PRAXIS is over. The test itself went a lot better than my test-anxiety-ridden mind thought it would be. I finished both sections with time to spare; I felt confident about my work.

The best part of taking the PRAXIS, though, was how well Jay took care of me while I freaked out. I had tried to make Friday (our "Pre"-nniversary, as he called it) about him. So, I surprised him with dinner at Mike's Place in Kent.



It has a model X-Wing in front of it.


But Saturday morning, Jay had a surprise for me: he learned how to make coffee. This was a spur of the moment thing because he couldn't sleep, but still, I was touched. Jay doesn't drink coffee, so he never saw the need to learn how to make it. He knew how much I rely on coffee to jump-start my brain (I really am my parents' daughter), and that morning, I really needed it. It meant so much to me that when he shook me awake, he did so with promises of pre-made coffee.


And my first cup of Jay-brewed coffee was deliciously strong.


After the test, I took Jay to the Akron Zoo for Great Date Four.



It was so hot and humid that after about an hour, we retreated into the gift shop to have our discussion about resolving conflict. This chapter has been the most helpful yet--we try very hard to communicate about our disagreements, but this chapter identified two ways we could improve. Already our fights are taking less time to resolve.


All in all, a fabululous "just the two of us" weekend with my hubby-t0-be.


0 comments: