.expand { display: inline; } .collapse { display: none; }
CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Sunday, July 3, 2011

Bachelorette Party and Bridal Shower

I'm pretty late in talking about my super pre-wedding weekend, but I've been working on my teaching applications, non-teaching job applications, and unpacking, organizing, and repacking all my crap.

But, back in June, my bridesmaids (with major help from our family friend Cathy) threw me a bachelorette party and wedding shower. My bachelorette party ended up being pretty low-key, but I loved it. Originally, Sara and Heidi had worked on taking me to a nightclub for a drag show. Unfortunately, the best night for the party ended up being a "no show" night at the club. We talked about going dancing after dinner, but since I managed to sprain my ankle (falling five inches off of our back deck) the night before, I wasn't really in the mood.

We ended up being served an amazing multi-course dinner by Heidi's husband. Jay went out and picked up wines to go with the meal and Rus picked a few more that paired better with his dishes. After we ate, we sat talking under a canopy of party lights before moving to the fire pit. It may not have been the crazy, wild night that Sara threatened, but I really loved being able to catch up with my far-flung best friends (minus Nicky, who we totally owe a night of wine and cheese!) and sisters.

The next afternoon, I met up with the girls at Cathy's house for the shower. I was so happy to see more of my friends, many of my mom's friends, my Grammy, and my fabulous aunts:


And I was only forced into one crazy party game!


Jay stopped by to help open presents to be, by turns, sweet and ridiculous.


I was so excited to see all three of my "dance sisters:" Cristina, Miranda, and Juliana.


All in all, I had an amazing weekend.

PS--Love these girls:

1 comments:

mackyton said...

Happy to know about your bridal shower and bachelor parties. Couple of weeks ago, I arranged my cousin’s bridal shower party at one of excellent wedding venues NYC. Decorated venue with balloons, lights and flowers. She enjoyed this party with her friends.