.expand { display: inline; } .collapse { display: none; }
CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Sunday, May 1, 2011

April Showers Bring More Fittings

Early in April, I drove back to Youngstown (and on to Niles) to pick up my altered dress.



Love it!

Then, for most of April, I had to put wedding plans on the back burner while I started my student teaching. This past weekend, I was back in town for Vijay's senior thesis premier and wrap party. On the drive home on Friday, Mama Peg called to tell me that my sari had arrived!

Like most fancy blouses, mine has a plain front and an embroidered back. My petticoat is satin instead of cotton--already I felt like a princess!


Even though I know how to put on a sari by myself (okay, with backwards pleats), I let Mama Peg do it whenever possible.


Here we are post-pleating, pre-pallu arranging:


The finished look. I have to dig out my box of old photos to find the 2004 version of this photo--high school me in a pale blue sari for the first time.




 A close up of the jacquard and the embroidered peacock.


3 comments:

Nicky @ Eat, Run, Read said...

Oh Katy. You look absolutely amazing in this sari... COuldn't have found one more perfect for you.

Miss you so much.

Emmy said...

IM SO SAD I MISSED THIS :( looks amazzzing <3

Tiana said...

GORGEOUS sari! And gorgeous lady :)